Monday, November 8, 2010

A Thankful Nomad

With my departure date quickly approaching, I wanted to take a moment to thank those that have helped me out the last few months.

I made the decision to leave way back in July. So by the beginning of August I found myself without an apartment and with most everything I own sold or packed away in storage, but still employed. Basically I was without a home, and became a nomad of sorts.

At first this made me a bit nervous, but I shortly realized what amazing, generous and caring people I have in my life. It seemed that every time I mentioned that I was kinda "couch surfing" that someone would offer me a place to stay with them, their family, or with some one they knew. Although there were some afternoons where I wasn't sure where I would be staying that night, overall that past few months have been so fun.

Being a nomad and bouncing around from friend's couch to friend's couch gave me the opportunity to visit and spend time with people that I don't get to see as often as I would like. Its so easy to get caught up in the busyness of everyday life and not take the time to call or hang out with friends. It sometimes feels that you have to have a reason or event to take a break from the everyday and spend time with someone. Crashing on a friend's couch in the middle of the week, or living in their guest room for a month or so, gave me the opportunity to spend quality time with those I love.

So thank you so much friends for all the love and support and shelter you have given me these last few months. I am so grateful to have you all in my life.

1 comment:

  1. You are welcome! I loved being your temporary roommate! I am expecting you to come sleep on my couch when you return in t-1 year! Have an amazing adventure in your new home! Love ya!

    ps this is rachel...

    ReplyDelete