Sunday, January 15, 2012

Gracias. Grazie. Danke. Merci.

I speak on behalf of my family when I say we are completely overwhelmed; overwhelmed by the love, support, kindness, and generosity of our friends, family, and community.  It truly is hard to find the words to properly express our gratitude. All I can say is that what everyone has done for my family has brought so much sunshine into our lives, quite literally.

Thank you to everyone who brought us dinners, cookies, desserts, etc. You kept our tummies and our hearts full.

To all the wonderful people who came out to my art show, thanks for making it such a wonderful, fun, and memorable event. I had so much fun, and I know my mother did as well. Hope you all enjoy your colorful pieces of art, and may they always remind you of my mother and her bright spirit.

Sharon Tyler, thanks for the daily cards you send my mother. They always bring a smile to her face!

Thank you to the amazing ladies who held the fundraiser dinner and auction at Bon Vinos. Although I missed this one, I heard it was a blast! A great group of people who love my mother!! All of your hard work and great ideas are very much appreciated!

My mother's dearest California friends, I have known most of you since I was in my momma's belly, and I've always known that you know how to have fun! "Pink Ladies" thanks for putting on such a fantastic benefit for my mom! It was so beautiful and so Loni! Dancing with my mom is a memory we will all forever cherish. The love for my mom filled the room, it was so beautiful. Thank you Renee for everything you did to make this event happen, we love you!

Thank you to the mystery santa that left my entire family gifts on our front porch! I wish I knew who you were so I could thank you in person. What a wonderful surprise!

A very, very special thanks to the families that have been so loving to my sister Chloe. Thank you for the sleepovers when the rest of the family heads over the mountains for doctors visits, and thank you for the unconditional love and support you have given to her. I love her so much, and knowing that so many people are there to love and support her means the world to my mother and me.

And last, but definitely not least, a huge thanks to everyone who help to get us where we are right now! Thank you Aunt Karen, Sue and Jim for helping us live in this beautiful beach house for a few weeks. It is exactly what mom needed. The day before we left there seem to be an endless stream of cards and well wishes coming through our door, thank you for everything.

The moment my mom was diagnosed with ALS, she said that the only place she wanted to be was on the beach surround by the people she loves and that is exactly what you have given her. My mom has had a smile on her face since we arrived. She has fallen asleep to the sound of the waves crashing on the beach and she has slept peacefully through every night, which hasn't happened in months. Her mother, family and oldest friends have been by her side since we arrived. Thanks for bringing my momma home; this is the best gift anyone could have given her.

Your friendship and love is all we could ask for. Its not those who dance with you in the sunshine but those who comfort you in the storm that really matter. Thank you!

"The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend," Henry David Thoreau.




1 comment:

  1. Bri- I have not met you but your Mom talked and raved about you all the time to me and everyone around who would listen. You are an amzing young lady!! I cant help but cry when I think of Loni. She has soo much spirit and the room just lights up when she walks in. Im so happy to hear that she is enjoying herself in So. Cal and that she is relaxing finally. Please do not hesitate to ask for anything from me, whatever is needed to stay another day down there I will be there!!! Tell your mom that I love her....thank you for doing this.....=)

    ReplyDelete